Monday, June 23, 2014

Random missionary experiences and my birthday wish!!


June 23, 2014

This week was a good one! We had a lot of opportunities come up that were different than the usual. I'll just share a few because we don't have that much time. 
 
So our goal for the transfer (or six weeks Sister Osmond and I are together) is to talk to 10 unplanned people a day.  I don't like keeping track of how many I have talked to, so this was going to be a challenge. But I came up with a way!! I decided to buy rubber bands and take one off every time I talk to someone. I was pretty proud of myself :) haha
The brilliant rubber band idea.
 
Anyways, we talked to this random man who then told us to walk into his home and talk to everyone inside. I felt so weird just walking in unannounced, so he announced us. Literally. It was really funny. One of the men that we were talking to was so excited that there was a Sister Udall and a Sister Osmond (he noticed the names!) sitting in his home.  It was really funny. He took a picture of us. And when someone called him he said, "You will never guess who is in my house." haha it was really funny. This same man told his friend that he should be a Mormon. Well, we ended up giving that man a Book of Mormon and Restoration pamphlet. He lives in another state, but the missionaries will find him!!
 
I also talked to this man at the gas station while my gas pump wasn't working. I know it was malfunctioning because I was supposed to talk to him! He was really impressed that we said we had a modern day prophet on the earth. I gave him a card with our number on it. He said that he wasn't in the Centreville area, but that he wanted to learn more! I told him that there are missionaries where he is too!! I know that he is going to refer himself! I've always wanted to share the gospel like that at the gas station!!
 
We also taught a lesson to someone at a graduation party (it was for one of the members and investigators in the ward!) Yeah, lots of really neat experiences that happened in places or in ways that I never would have ever dreamed of!! 
Moments to share the gospel come up in all sorts of situations! We just have to be looking for them and sharing our testimony with everyone!!
 
Okay, so my birthday is tomorrow...usually I don't like telling anyone because I don't like attention on myself. But, I thought of a great way that you could wish me a Happy Birthday. Are you ready for it!? Pray for a missionary opportunity and share the gospel with someone!! :) 
That is really what will make tomorrow the best day ever!!!  (And if it doesn't happen tomorrow...late birthday wishes are great as well!!) 
Funny story. Last night, we had a member that wanted to make me a cake. I then realized that we were also teaching a Book of Mormon class Tuesday night and told her to come to that. She said, "It's either the cake or the Book of Mormon class." I chose the Book of Mormon class!! :) Really that is what will make me the happiest tomorrow...sharing the gospel with others!! (And I know it will bring a lot of joy to our Heavenly Father!!)
 
I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment