Sunday, June 1, 2014

SPRING IS HERE!!!


April 14, 2014

I love spring!!!
Life and color has been brought back to Virginia!! And I love that it comes right around Easter!!
All of the trees are either pink or white with pretty blossoms.  And the green is coming back too.  So some of the trees that are white look like popcorn like the primary song "popcorn popping"!!
We got to go to DC today and walk around the Tidal Basin and see the cherry blossoms.  It was so pretty!! I ran into some of my old companions. It was a fun day!! We walked around some of the memorials and I LOVED the quotes that were on the walls.  They were from the founding fathers of our nation and presidents and leaders of our country.  God truly inspired these men.  I know it!!  They spoke of light and truth! 
 
Here are some of my favorites:
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -President Franklin Roosevelt
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.  Let us move forward with strong and active faith." -President Franklin Roosevelt
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."  -Martin Luther King
 
And I also had the thought as I was walking around that God gave us this beautiful nature for us!! I was overcome with His love for us.  I had studied the scripture 1 Nephi 17:36 yesterday, so it went along perfectly with how I was feeling! 
 
1 Nephi 17:36
"Behold, the Lord hath created the aearth that it should be binhabited; and he hath created his children that they should possess it."
 
And I had a cool missionary moment on the metro!
On the way home I told an older lady that I liked her bag and we talked pretty much the entire metro ride.  She was telling me about how she had so many good friends that were Mormon when her kids were growing up. She has always been impressed with them and their standards, especially the amount of time that they spent with their families. She said that they adopted the tradition of setting every Sunday night aside as family night. She told us that even if we don't think we are making an impression, we really are. So keep on being a good example!!! 
 
And I think the pictures I have will show you better than I could ever explain just how pretty it was!!
 
I hope everyone has a great week!! And it's Easter next Sunday!! Oh how I am so grateful to share about my Savior Jesus Christ with everyone at Easter-time!!!  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!! I know that Christ's sacrifice is for all of us!! He loves us each so much!
 
Love,
Sister Udall



Cherry Blossom Trees



















No comments:

Post a Comment