Friday, July 18, 2014

I am brave when I am myself and let God take over!!


June 30, 2014
Well, this week was an unexpected one! But I'm glad that I had this opportunity to learn all about how much Heavenly Father is willing to help me!!

On Tuesday, my birthday, I got a call and was informed that I was being transferred the next day. I didn't know where I was going, who my companion was going to be. All that I knew was that I was called to be a Sister Trainer Leader. What is a Sister Trainer Leader? Basically my companion and I go on exchanges, and spend the day with another sister from another companionship. One of us will go and work in thier area. The other one will stay in our area and another sister will come with us.  We have the opportunity to learn from all of these wonderful sisters that we serve. We have six companionships that we serve.  Right when I got into the area, we had two exchanges that we went on. Since I didn't know my new area at all, I went to the sisters' areas. That means the first full two days in my area were really not in my area...they were in other areas. But I LOVE getting to know all of the sisters better and work with them!! God has truly called so many amazing missionaries to come out and preach the gospel!! 

Oh yeah, and my new area is Fort Belvoir!! Right next to one of my old areas :) 

One thing that I feel that I should share is that my goal is to just be myself during this time of craziness and change. Both Sister Osmond, my old companion, and Sister Akin, my new companion, and I have talked about how when change happens, we tend to revert back into ourselves and stop being our true self. Well, the best way to get over all the scariness of change is to just open up to others and BE MYSELF. So my mantra for the rest of the transfer is.."I am brave when I am myself!"  It has been amazing to see how much it has helped so far!! 

I know Heavenly Father is aware of all of us! I know that he has paid so much attention to me in the past week and has literally carried me through all of the craziness this week! I know that he will continue to do so!!

I love you all!!
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment