Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Never suppress a generous thought!


January 27, 2014

Hello!!!!
 
Well, so many great things happened this week!!! I don't even know what to say!!!
 
Well we had a last-minute mission conference and Elder S Gifford Nielson of the Seventy came!!!!! (EXCLAMATION POINT)
It was so wonderful and great.  There were so many wonderful things that were said. But what really stuck out to me was that we cannot waste one moment on our missions!! This is my time to prepare and to learn, to grow, and to come closer to my Savior.  And that we are here to meet others and to touch thier lives!! Oh it was such a neat and sweet experience.  I felt so at peace and so happy to be sitting there!!
 
Something really neat was that he shared with us HIS experiences that he has had since putting into practice what he talked about at General Conference. His talk is called Hastening the Lord's Game Plan!
 
It was so touching to hear how his testimony had grown as he prayed and then went out and shared the gospel with others!!! He said something along the lines of, those people are now my dear friends!! So when we pray for missionary opportunities, we are praying for Heavenly Father to bless us with more dear friends!!!
 
I can just add to that!! I know that I have made so many dear dear friends out here as I serve them!! This week we are helping someone quit smoking!! Oh my, I can say that I love her so much and I want her to succeed. She is so dear to me! I even lost sleep over it becasue I want her to succeed.  (I think I might have also cuaght a glimpse into motherhood haha)
 
I know that as we are living the gospel and sharing it with others, we are opening our hearts up and developing so many dear friendships!!
 
And another talk that I read that was so wonderful!!! Is from Elder Eyring, "To My Grandchildren".  That talk was wonderful because it helped me realize that God knows each and every one of us!! And he has placed certain people in our lives to always love us and help us along this mortal journey. 

I know that this letter was quite intersting, but these two talks and Elder Neilson's example really left an impression on my heart.
 
We have seen so many miracles this week and I have really seen how much God loves each and every one of us!!! Even if it was just a kind compliment that someone gave to me, that answered my prayers.  So I am a firm believer in never suppressing a generous thought :)
 
Love you all!!! You are in my prayers and I know that the Lord is watching out over all of us, no matter how insignificant we may seem!!!
 
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God"
 
Love,
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment