Monday, March 17, 2014

Baptism!

March 5, 2014


So this week was a fantastic one!!!!  Mary Ethel was baptized last Saturday! It was a really happy day for everyone involved.  The Spirit just spoke peace and happiness to my heart. I think I was smiling so much that it hurt.  And Mary Ethel said that she was smiling so much that she had check cramps.  It was too cute!! So at the baptism we got to sing "He Sent His Son". That was a nerve racking but also fun experience.  And after she was baptized, she said, "I did it!" It was so cute!! She was so happy.  And then a sister from our ward asked if she could bear her testimony.  She said that she felt the same feeling at this baptism as she had felt as she held each of her children for the first time.  She said that she felt so much joy! And she knew that they joy she felt was just like the joy that Heavenly Father has for each and every single one of us when we make the sacred covenant of baptism with Him and start on our journey back to him.  It was such a neat experience to be there!!
And on Sunday, Mary Ethel was confirmed.  Something really neat was that while she was being confirmed, there was the faint sound of the elders from the other ward in the Cultural hall/gym singing "Called to Serve".  It was so neat because it was a missionary song being sung during her blessing.  And I just felt that this was a precious child of God that is becoming a member of his church and going to do so much good in his kingdom! I know that Mary Ethel will be a missionary to so many!! She even invited 3 friends to her baptism that came and they loved it!!
And sadly I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures. 
 
But happy news is we have another baptism on Saturday! It's Glenda's baptism.  She is so excited and cannot wait to be baptized!
 
We had some more snow.  And so on Monday we couldn't use our car. So therefore, we couldn't come to the library to email. So that's why this is so late.  We had a good time though staying inside on preparation day watching the snow fall outside and being inside our nice warm apartment.
 
Oh...and I had two amazing miracles this week!!!  So the first. I got new glasses that I had ordered last Monday.  And they said they would be ready to pick up sometime within the week. So on Friday they called and said they were ready. At first I thought it could wait until Monday. We had so much to do.  But then Sister Taylor and I both felt like we needed to go Saturday and pick them up.  So we did.  And I'm so grateful that we did because Monday it snowed and I would not have been able to get my glasses until today.  So definitely a tender mercy!!  And then miracle #2 is that I lost my nametag in a Safeway. I just figured, oh well it's gone and I'll order a new one. Well on Sunday, a member walked up to me and handed me my nametag!!! She said that her husband found it in a grocery cart!!! Think out of all the carts and of all the grocery stores and of all the people to find it, a member of my ward found my nametag!! And he recognized my name too!! haha That was a fun miracle!! So I know the Lord watches over all of us!!!
I  love you all and hope you are having a great week!!
Remember that the Lord loves each and every one of us!!
 
Love,
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment