Sunday, September 7, 2014

Small and Simple Things...Following the Spirit


September 1, 2014

Hello dearest family and friends!!

Can you believe it is September?! I surely can't. Time flies by!     And this week flew by. I'm not exactly sure what all happened this week. There were so many great things that happened, but I'm not sure what to write as of now. But here I go! I'll start with a brief summary of some of the things we did/things that I learned...

Monday after I emailed we did a sisters sports day where we met up at the stake center and played basketball and volleyball. It was a fun time! I haven't played sports in a while. Sister Akin and I like to run outside, but that's the extent of our sports, etc.  I love all of these sisters so much!!



Tuesday we had a wonderful District meeting about focusing on the most important things.  That seemed to be the theme of the week for me...Where are your priorities? What are you putting first?  We talked a lot about making sure that we aren't being distracted from this great and wonderful work!  Satan tries to distract us in any way possible. Even if we aren't focused on home or the obvious distractions, he can find a way to try and distract us. It was a testimony builder to me that we always need to be aware of what we are doing and continually choose to do the right thing.

Wednesday I learned another good lesson about putting the promptings of the Spirit first!! ALWAYS!! Sister Akin and I had made a plan to do something. It wasn't anything that was bad or against the rules. But we both had the feeling that we shouldn't do it. Well, after the fact we both realized that we had both had the feeling to not do it, but we assumed the other person wanted to. NO GOOD!! I learned that no matter what we think the other person's reaction will be, we just need to speak up and say, "this is what I'm feeling". Let's think about what God wants us to do. Let's follow the Spirit! So I'm grateful for that lesson I learned. :)

I also learned this week that as we do the small and simple things, everything else falls into place! That is just how God works! He works by the small and simple things.
These scriptures say it all...

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
(Alma 37:6-7)

Oh, and we also got a phone call on Wednesday from another set of missionaries with an opportunity to start teaching someone. We were really excited! As we were driving home, I had this feeling that we needed to let the Elders teach this man. Well, since I had learned my lesson earlier that day I quickly told my companion and we talked about it. We both felt good about letting the Elders teach him. I felt so much better about following the Spirit :) And the Elders had a fantastic time with this man! God really knows what he is doing!

Friday and Saturday we did a lot of service. I love serving!!! That is that. It brings so much joy to my heart.  There are so many people that are in so much need of help and of someone to show them love and compassion. How blessed we are to have so much! We can share that with others :)

Today I got to go to the temple with one of my past companions Sister Taylor! :) We went to the temple together last time. It was a really good time, and I loved being inside the temple. It is truly a place of peace. I gained a greater testimony that God loves us! He loves us because we are his children....and he wants to do everything that he can to bless us!

Well, those are my thoughts from the week. I know it was very sporadic, but it was a great week!
LOVE YOU ALL LOTS!
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment