Monday, September 29, 2014

"Yes, I know Heavenly Father Loves Me!"

September 29, 2014

So as I look back on my week, this primary song line keeps coming to my mind. "Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me!"  That pretty much sums up my week.  I realized this week that the more we come to know this simple, but sweet, truth, the more we are able to withstand the hard things that come our way in life.  As a missionary, I've been learning little by little, day by day, that God is constantly aware of me and the people that I talk to. He is always mindful. He is always there.  It is my choice to remember Him or not.  
And I've also realized that knowing that I am a daughter of God helps me to treat myself like one, instead of thinking less of myself, or not taking care of myself, or not pushing myself to become a better person. And I'm so grateful that I do have that eternal perspective.  
I'm grateful for the Women's Broadcast that happened last Saturday. If you haven't watched it yet, please do! No matter who you are, you will come to know that you are loved by Heavenly Father. That's that! And we have reason to be so happy :)

I was talking to Brian, our investigator that is getting baptized on Saturday, and he was telling me why he finally decided to get baptized. He has wanted to get baptized for a long time, but he didn't feel that he could live up to the standards.  He told me that once he realized who he truly was, a son of God, and that the negative thoughts and worthless thoughts werent' from God but were from Satan, he knew he could change! And he did! He put his mind to it...and he did it!  He was so happy after his baptismal interview. I hope we all know that we can all change, no matter how hard the change might be. Brian has been a great example to me! He quit smoking after YEARS of smoking. He said he has smoked longer than anyone he has ever known.  I'm so grateful that I've had the privledge to get to know him. He has taught me so much!  

And I have a fun accomplishment of my own that I want to share (not to brag or anything like that, but just to show that we can do anything we put our mind to.) I accompanied the ward choir in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday!  She needed a pianist and I was the only one that could play. It was a fairly easy song, and I volunteered and practiced and I did it! God really knows my potential more than I do. So remember to not doubt yourself! You can do anything that you put your mind to! :)

Hopefully my thoughts made sense!! I'm so grateful that we have these simple truths and that we get to listen to a prophet speak next Saturday.  I can't wait! I especially can't wait to feel the love that God has for us through the messages of conference. :) 

Happy Monday!!! Make it a great day! 

Love,
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment