Sunday, September 28, 2014

"You Never Know"


September 22, 2014

So this week was a hard one...but also AMAZING!! We had so much that has happened!!

I know that Heavenly Father is so mindful of me and all of the people we meet. That's the bottom line. And I know that he makes so much more out of what we give to him.  I was a little frustrated this week that what I was giving wasn't enough. I kept thinking, "If only I could do this better..."  Well, that's definitely one kind of attitude that will bring me down faster than anything. No good. And by the end of the week, I found myself listening more to God's opinion of me rather than the negative opinions I could think up.  But the reason why I share all of this is because I hope you know that the gospel helps us to understand that we are loved and that we are infinitely more than our weaknesses and our limitations. As we work with our strengths, The Lord magnifies them.  I realized this more and more as the week went on. In Relief Society on Sunday, they showed us a video called "You Never Know". It was about a mom going through her busy, crazy, hectic day. She felt pretty defeated by the end of the day.  But I love how she realizes that her perspective of the day wasn't the only perspective. Others saw all the good that she HAD done. Anyways, you will have to watch it to really understand what I'm trying to explain. And it's good for anyone, even if you aren't a mom :)


So that is my simple update for the week. I know that God makes so much more out of our efforts as long as we are willing and ready to serve him and give him our heart!  That's what he needs! I've realized as I put my faith and trust in The Lord, there isn't as much need to worry or ever feel down.  He has it all under control, and we will see His hand in our lives as we turn to Him.

I read this verse of scripture today in the Book of Mormon that really puts things into perspective for me..."But The Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen." (1 Nephi 9:6)

Life is so good! Hope it is for you too!
Love you all!!!
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment