Monday, July 28, 2014

What a week!! What a week!!


July 28, 2014

Well, this week was definitely a roller coaster. There were a lot of ups and downs.  It is amazing how God gives us the really good times right along with the bad times so that we can get through it all. Sister Akin and I were talking about how even on our really bad days, we still feel this underlying happiness inside.  And I know why!! I'm sharing the best and happiest and most important things with everyone!! Even when they all say no, or people don't like me (or what I say), or when we forget to do something, I know that my heart is in the right place. I am doing my best to share all about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with others. And that's why I'm happy! I also realized another reason why I am happy...Jesus Christ is MY Savior and Redeemer!! I know that He loves me. I know it! I know that Christ loves each and every one of us and suffered for all of us. I know He will never leave us comfortless (John 14:18).  I know that He will be there for us in ALL things, because He has felt ALL things
(Alma 7:11-13).  I know that because I feel the Holy Spirit touch my heart and tell me it is true. Oh, it's a wonderful feeling!! And not even others being grumpy, or me being grumpy, can make that change. In District Meetings (on Tuesday) this week we talked a lot about
happiness. We talked about how God's entire purpose for us is to be happy! His whole purpose for us is to have JOY!! I've been really pondering about that and God really does love us! Everything that he asks us to do is just so that we can be the happiest we can be.  And
we can be happy NOW!

Here are some of the happy highlights of the week:

Monday we did a random, unplanned act of service and got to meet two wonderful and sweet ladies from Sierra Leon!  I was brave enough to just get in there and start helping her put branches in the bag even though she had said no the first time.  Once I started, you could tell she really appreciated that. Serving and sharing the gospel made me feel so happy inside! I know that is where God wanted us to be Monday night!

Then on Tuesday we had a great district meeting! We also talked a lot about repentance with a member of our ward. And I LOVE REPENTANCE. That is something else in the gospel that screams happiness. It's so happy and merciful that Heavenly Father allows us to repent and use Christ's grace so that we can return to live with Him again.  It was also a happy moment because I felt prompted to share certain scriptures and sentences from certain talks. It is always a good feeling when you know that hard work and preparation has paid off to
help someone else.

Wednesday we had a very interesting day. We knocked on a door that looked like any other American home.  A Bhuddist monk opened the door. We were both really shocked! He invited us in to the temple. As we sat
there and talked to him it was interesting to feel the stillness that was in the temple, but there seemed to be an absence of happiness and fulfillment there. The monk was so nice, and he took a Book of Mormon to read.  We also ate lunch there with all of the people  that were there for the day. Everyone was so friendly and nice! It was a great and spontaneous experience!

Thursday morning we went and cleaned a home of a family in our ward that needed some help.  The mom had just passed away, and so we helped clean and clean and clean! It felt so good to clean! I was in charge of cleaning the fridge. We had lots of people there to help, and it is always so happy to see so many friends and family helping out!! Then we rushed over to transfer meeting! Yes..it was transfers, but neither one of us was getting transferred!! That is something that we have to do now as Sister Training Leaders. I'm grateful I got to go to the meeting because there were a lot of missionaries leaving and their departing testimonies were wonderful! I realized how little time we have to serve a missionaries now, but that the Lord's work goes on and as long as we are doing His will, all is well!! Friday I had a really neat experience with someone on the street. He was weeding his garden and he started to tell me how him and his
fiancé and looking for a church to get married in, but he feels that church is just one big business now.  I felt prompted to show him a picture of the temple and told him that he should consider getting married in the temple!! I was so excited and happy to tell him about
it! Then we got to share about Joseph Smith and the Restoration.  As we talked about the First Vision, I WAS SO HAPPY!!! I knew that it was all true! I knew that because the priesthood power was restored, we could have eternal families!! We have a temple, a place where we go to feel peace, happiness, joy, and where we fell the Spirit of The Lord. Oh, we are so blessed!! I've never outright told anyone on my mission that they needed to get married in the temple...but it felt so right to tell them all about how wonderful it is!!

And Saturday was happy because one of our investigators prayed for the first time and really felt God's love for her! It was an amazing experience to be there!

Sunday was one of the worst days ever, everything seemed to go wrong, but I was still happy! I was happy because God hears my prayers and answers them! He comforted me when I needed it the most! There is so much more I want to say, but I've run out of time! Look for the happy moments this week! God wants to bless us with happiness, we just need to seek it out and keep his commandments!!

Love you all!
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment