Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Merry Christmas!


December 23, 2013

Well hello to all!!!!!

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! I cannot believe that it is already here!! I am so grateful for all that I have learned this week...it has truly brought me closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. And I am grateful for the experiences that Heavenly Father gives us so that we do learn and come closer to him. If we never get our feet wet and go out of our comfort zone and try something, we won't learn anything new. That's something that I was reminded of this week. Experience is something that I treasure. And I treasure this time to be out here as a representative of our Savior.
 
I am learning more and more that this work is so amazing!!!  It is transforming, only if people let it! And the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about hope, change, and becoming more like our Savior. As a missionary, I am reminding others of their potential. I am reminding them who they really are. I don't know who they really are. I only have my little human, Sister Udall eyes. But when we listen to the Spirit and think about God's perspective, his eyes, I know that we all have so much potential. We can see others as God sees them! We can see that God really loves them and knows that they have the potential to become just like him!!!! WOAH COOL!!!! And it is all possible because of ourSavior Jesus Christ! His sacrifice is the reason why we are all able to grow, change, and reach our potential. Otherwise we would be stopped. But Christ's birth, life, and mission is so beautiful and joyful! I just hope that everyone who reads this has time to ponder and reflect on our Savior Jesus Christ and what he can do for you personally.  It's a powerful thought.
 
Here are some scriptures that I read this morning that go along with an experience I had on Saturday... 
Alma 17:15
"Thus they were a very indolent people, many of whom did worship idols, and the acurse of God had fallen upon them because of the btraditions of their fathers;notwithstanding the promises of the Lord were extended unto them on the conditions of repentance."
 
So what's truly amazing is that the Lord, our Savior Jesus Christ, has promised us all eternal life and salvation if we will but repent or change and come closer to him. Feel of his love and want to be a little better.
 
Ok....so I hope any of this is making sense, but here is the story...
 
So we were at an apartment complex the other day and there were a lot of people outside. (It was 70 degrees this weekend!)  Some boys asked us to come over and talk to them. We started talking to them and it was clear that a lot of them were just wanting to have a discussion, with no intention to really listen. You could tell that they had been following the traditions of their fathers and cared more about what the world thought than God. There was one boy who was asking really soul searching questions and really wanted to know how he could know if what we were saying was true.  But then we left. We talked to them for a little bit longer, and they were progressively just wanting to argue with us about little silly things like, "Why can't you drink wine?"  Well I was getting antsy to go, and one of the boys walked over to me and said, "Are you intimidated by us?" I looked into his eyes, and at first I had been a little intimidated by their loudness and rough appearance. But then what came out of my mouth was a lot different. I said, "No, not at all" And I really meant it. I had this peace in my heart. I had love for these people. It was a sad kind of love, but a love nonetheless.
Later as I was reflecting upon the experience I though of why I had that overwhelming peace and love in my heart. The thought came into my mind, I just wish I could express to these people that I know that they can do better for themselves. They have so much potential inside of them! So much potential to do good! I saw it in their eyes, it was just hidden by a few worldly things.
 
Like the scripture says, I know that Jesus Christ will save all of his children! I know that he came to this world with the intention of saving all of us!!!! Not just a few of us! We just need to realize our potential, the light we have inside, and change.
 
I hope that I can keep that perspective and let it grow. I want others to know how dearly loved they are and that they have so much good inside of them! There is so much potential! The light of Christ is there!!!
 
I pray and hope that the light of Christ is with all of you this Christmas week and that we can share it with everyone that we meet!!!
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love,
Sister Udall
 

No comments:

Post a Comment