Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 31, 2013


July 31, 2013

This week was a busy one!  I am REALLY low on time today, unfortunately, so this will be brief. I apologize ahead of time. 
Here are the highlights:
 
I went on an exchange this week with Sister Goates!  And this time, I got to work in my area.  It was definitely an experience, and I was nervous because I was the one "in charge" of the schedule, what we were going to do, etc.  But in the end it all worked out!  Sister Goates is an AMAZING missionary and I am so grateful that I got the chance to work with her!  She taught me so much! One thing especially, that we are all in need of the grace of Christ and that we can always access it!  We can never be perfect, but we can always be perfect repenters. :) I am so grateful that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer! I know that as we focus our lives on his teachings and on Him, we can feel peace and joy!  He is what gives us hope and I am truly glad for that! I know that Heavenly Father looks on the desires and intents of our hearts!  How comforting! As long as we are striving to follow Him and do our best, we cannot fail! I know that He loves us soooo much and wants us to find Joy, and He knows that joy comes as we follow Him!!!!
 
We got a headquarter referral this week! My first one!  This man that we gave a Book of Mormon to had met a member on the plane and was really touched by the member's story and testimony. It was so neat to see how excited this man was to get a Book of Mormon and start reading it! Unfortunately, he lives in Maryland (we were given his work address), but he is ready to learn more! 
 
We also got another referral from one of our ward members, Sister Parker.  She is truly an angel and I hope that I can be like her someday.  She is just so selfless and hard working.  Her example is so inspiring.  Long story short, she and her husband went and visited this old and vacant nursery (the place where they sell plants).  She met a lady, Michelle, who lives in a little house back there. A few days ago, Sister Parker just felt like she should go visit Michelle again, and Michelle learned that Sister Parker's son is on a mission.  Michelle got all excited and told Sister Parker that when she was 17 she had taken all the missionary discussions, but couldn't be baptized because her dad didn't want her to.  So now Sister Parker wants us to meet Michelle! We haven't met her yet, but this week!!!  Truly a miracle!
 
For dessert at one of the member's houses this week we had lychee!  And it is pretty crazy looking--but sooo yummy!  I don't know if you can tell, but they have little spiky things sticking out on the outside of the fruit.  You should google it because they are pretty wierd looking.
 
Eating Lychee
But the work is going well! I hope everything is wonderful back home!!
Love,
Sister Udall
 
 


A favorite,  chocolate floats!

No comments:

Post a Comment