Thursday, July 11, 2013

Serve with Heart, Might, Mind and Strength


July 1, 2013

HELLO!!!

So thanks for all the birthday wishes and packages!! My birthday was pretty awesome, I can't complain!  We went to DC and took the metro there.  I felt pretty cool! Then we went to the National Mall and went in a couple of the museums.  I could have spent all day there it was so cool! Definitely on my bucket list of things to do now! 

But here are some pictures of the exciting trip!


Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.
 June 24, 2013


Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.
June 24, 2013

Museum of National Archives, Washington,  D.C.
June 24, 2013

Rachel and the Washington Monument,
June 24, 2013


Happy 21st Birthday Rachel!



Sister Rachel Udall and
Elder Diego Alfaro
The Alfaro's moved from Burbank
10 years ago.
This week was the week of meetings! It was our Whole Mission Conference right before the mission split.  We not only have 6 zones in our mission. So sad, but the Richmond, VA mission is pretty lucky! They are getting some great missionaries!! It was crazy to meet with the entire mission, but so awesome! We were given so much great counsel from President Riggs and  Sister Riggs.  President Riggs talked about establishing patterns on our mission that we will use for the rest of our lives.  There are so many, that's for sure! But something that I realized later in the week is that Heavenly Father uses patterns to help us learn and grow.  It's an important principle to master.  If you thin about it, we go to Church every week, we read our scriptures and pray every day, we do soooo many things that have a pattern to them. I've realized that repetition and simplicity is so important!! We also had a meeting Tuesday that was kind of mind blowing!  Elder Ritchee talked all about Moses 1 and how once Moses knew his real potential he was instoppable.  He was able to resist Satan's temptations and to become the person that Heavenly Father wanted him to become.  If you think about that for a second...WOW!! Once we know who we are and what our purpose is in this life, we have POWER!!! I also loved Return and Report, which was on Friday.  We got lots of good counsel and instruction yet again!  But one thing that was little but stuck out to me was that President Riggs told us to make sure our language is dignified.  Dad you will appreciate this...he told us we need to stop using the word "like" as a filler.  Well Dad, you and President Riggs know best!!  Haha

We also have a progressing investigator now! David from Burma...he's the best!  His wife made us noodles again! She is too sweet.  We haven't met her yet, but he wants his wife to learn what we are teaching him! We had a lesson with him on Tuesday, and as he has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon he said that he now knows that the Joseph Smith story is a miracle. He was really skeptical when we told him about it the first time, but his heart is softening more and more! He really has a desire to know for himself if this is true, and has not recognized his answer yet if the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet.

This Sunday our Bishop had every member write down a name of someone that they could start to share the gospel with and what they were going to do to start to share the gospel with their friend. He gave us all of the names and what the members will do, so we now have all these names to work with as we help the members in their missionary efforts. I hope that I can show the members how simple and easy it is! I am striving to be the missionary they need in the Great Falls Ward!

I feel that I am truly learning the Christlike attribute of patience more and more everyday. I know that I also need to work on humility and relying 100% on the Lord!!! I am going to strive to pray for more humility and trust in the Lord so that I can truly open my heart up to Him and let Him guide me. I know I NEED to serve him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, but my pride gets in the way at times.  I just want to serve Heavenly Father with ALL my Heart, Mind, Might and Strength for the next 17 months. Oh yeah, I'm one month into my mission, officially yesterday. How crazy!!

Adorable cottage in Great Falls/Vienna
I love you ALL! Happy 4th of July to everyone!!!

LOVE,
Sister Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment