Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Making People's Eyes Sparkle!!


Hello family!!

I know this is super short, but just wanted to let you know that I am alive and all is well :)  Hope you all had a wonderful Colombus day!! So this week was great!!!!!  One of the highlights was that it rained 6 inches plus a little bit in rain in one day!! And it rained for 3 days.  One night both roads that we usually take were flodded, so we had to take the toll road home. Adventure!  And I am so grateful Brother Davis was able to coach us through how to get home.  It is getting darker earlier, and they don't have lamp posts like they do in the West, so it gets DARK.  And we were blessed to just go from appointment to appointment on the days that it was raining!!! 

This week is literally a blur in my mind right now, so sorry this letter won't have great details...
But something really cool that I learned this week:  As leaders, our goal is to make people's eyes sparkle!!! So my goal from now on is to make everyone's eyes sparkle! To help them really understand the potential that's in them! And I also learned how crucial positive thinking is.  If we have the mindset that everyone WILL love the gospel and that this is the best thing ever, then we will get everyone to believe it.  You just have to have confidence in it and be EXCITED!!!!! 
There is one girl that we met on the street two weeks ago walking her dog. We gave her a card for mormon.org...then she said, "Hope to see you around again sometime"!  Then the next week we saw her.  She said, "You are the really happy and excited girls".  haha Yes we are!!  And then we gave her a Book of Mormon!! Excitement and enthusiasm goes a long way!! :) This is a joyful gospel and a joyful message!!!
 
I hope all is well for everyone back home!!! I am so grateful for this gospel!! I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.  I know that Thomas S Monson is the prophet on the earth today!  I know that through our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ we experience true joy and happiness here in this life!
 
LOVE YOU ALL!!
Sister Udall

This picture is of Brother Sparks, Sister Phelps, and Sister Udall(:

No comments:

Post a Comment