Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It's all about faith


September 9, 2013

Hello everyone! 

Here's an update from the past two weeks! So much has happened I don't even know where to begin, but I will try to squeeze all the great details in! :)

Probably the biggest miracles this past week was that we got in contact with David again! (He is the man from Burma that we have taught in the past.)  We decided to just drive past his house and he was outside getting his mail! They had just gotten back from their really long vacation the night before.  He wants us to come by sometimes this next week, and we get to meet his wife (who always cooks us really good noodles) as well!  

We also talked to so many people this week who know a lot about the church already.  One man's great great... grandfather was a body guard to Joseph Smith and died for him! Crazy! He's not a member, but his parents are. 

We also taught a little mini restoration lesson on someone's doorstep the other day.  After we had talked about it and asked him to read the pamphlet and pray about it, he asked us, "Can I just say a prayer before you go and pray for you girls?"  We said yes, and he said a really nice prayer asking Heavenly Father to bless us!  We were joking about how he offered to say the closing prayer!!! 

There were a lot of really little but great things that happened this week.  Sister Phelps always keeps me laughing and having a good time.  Heavenly Father knew that I needed that :)  He's teaching me to be less serious all the time.  Like my mission president tells us, "If you aren't having a good time, you're doing something wrong."  That is so true!  Missionary work is the best thing ever!!!! I am just always so happy, even when I am exhausted or when things don't work out the way I think they should.  

We had some really funny things happen this past week.  
First thing--We were going to check on one of our investigators and as we were pulling into the driveway his 4 dogs ran up to our car and wouldn't move!  We were stuck and couldn't move the car because we didn't want to run them over. It was such a bizarre situation at the time!  The dogs would not move until our investigator's wife came over and coaxed them away from the car.
Probably the most bizarre thing that has happened yet happened last night.  We went to go knock on a door and this random sprinkler sprayed us!  It totally caught us off guard and we ran to get away from the sprinkler!  Then an older lady came to the door.  She explained that the sprinkler was there to keep the deer from eating her plants!  It senses movement and then sprays!  We were laughing so hard!!!!  The sprinkler not only scares the deer, but it scares us sister missionaries away as well! :)
Oh, and here's another good one. We accidentally knocked on someone's door the other day that we had already knocked on. Whoops! (I had forgotten to check and see if that was the right apartment building number.) I realized it and then panicked! So we ran down the stairs and just prayed that they hadn't seen us! I don't know why I panicked and ran, but I did. Haha.  Definitely a blonde moment! But I am sure Heavenly Father was just laughing at us!  

And Sunday was GREAT!!  It was all about Faith! And I am so grateful for faith.  When we hang on and keep going, the answers WILL COME! The Spirit will manifest to us that what we are doing is right and that it is what Heavenly Father wants us to do!  One of the speakers was talking about all of the different times in his life where he has felt the manifestations of his faith from the Spirit.  And I got to thinking, do I have my experiences recorded anywhere?  And I don't think I do!  I realized how important it is to record those precious promptings from the Spirit because that is what builds our testimony!!  And I want to be better at that!  And I know that the answer to my prayers does not always come in a big and great display, so I need to write it down before I forget forever!!!!   That's one of my goals for the week.  I am so grateful to have a faith in our Savior Jesus Christ!  I know that as we all turn to him and just have the desire to believe and hold on to that desire, we will get an answer! I KNOW IT!!

And I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary!!!
LOVE YOU ALL!
SISTER UDALL

No comments:

Post a Comment