Monday, May 20, 2013

The First Letter

May 16, 2013 (received May 20, 2013)

My Dear Family,

    Oh my goodness it's only been a day and a half and I feel like I have been here for ages!  But don't worry, I am having an amazing experience!  The MTC has such a spirit about it! The only way that I can describe it is that every meeting/class period/etc, I just have this burning in my heart and a smile on my face.  The Lord is so mindful of me, and every one of us! I have already felt the spirit working through me and put thoughts into my heart and mind.  It's kind of crazy, but so exciting to see that the Lord trusts me enought to let me teach His daughters and sons.  I have learned that it's not me that is teaching, but the spirit.  This has nothing to do about me.  My mission is all about others for the next 18 months. No more Rachel, just Sister Udall! (: I have learned that missionary work is all about LOVING everyone that I come in contact with (companions, teachers, strangers, etc.).  It is about demonstrating/showing Christ's love for them so that they can feel it and come closer to him.  Missionary work is so amazing!  I am excited to learn so much.  There is definitely so much to learn!  My teachers are Brother Lester and Sister Pope.  Super awesome!  Our zone leaders are nice and funny.  We also have 2 sister teachers who are with the zone leaders who have helped us so much already.  They're the best.
     My companion is Sister George from Cody, Wyoming.  She is so sweet and nice.  I feel like we will have a lot in common and get along!  We got our assignment today - - it's something to do with computer training.  I will find out more tomorrow!
     Something cool that I learned is that your first convert is yourself.  So true!  I have already learned so much and grown in my love for this gospel.
     I know that this will take so much work, but with Heavenly Father's help I know I can do it.  He sustains the missionaries he calls.  I'm up for the challenge!
     I love you all and miss you lots but know this will be the best thing that has ever happened to me!  Keep up the school work!  Let me know everything!
                                              Love,
                                                 Sister Udall

P.S. Tell everyone to dearelder me while I'm in the MTC.  It's just dearelder.com.  That way I can get mail that same day.

Oh and funny story, I prayed 3 times today! I guess I needed the blessings!

Oh and I teach my first lesson TOMORROW!!

P.S.S. My Pday will be next Thursday so you can email me before then.  But I won't be able to see it 'til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment