Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy Independence Day!


July 7, 2014 
Hello all!

Well, this week was a hard, but really good week.  The week started off with a lot of miracles! We had two lessons all within one night and talked to so many people! All I can say is that when we are willing to work and do the Lord's will, he blessed us!  Here is a quote from President Eyring that I love! "God will put prepared people in the way of His prepared servants who want to share the gospel."(Sharing the Gospel Heart to Heart). I know he will bless us with these opportunities when we ask for them!

I lead the area by myself for the first time!  It was great! The sweet sister that was with me kept saying, "Enjoy being new!" I loved that! That was a good reminder for me. I haven't even been here a week, so don't stress. Let The Lord guide!

I had a fabulous Independence Day!  We went to a little parade, that lasted about 10 minutes, with one of our investigators and her children.  We had dinner with one of our investigators, and then they took us to see the fireworks! Then we watched the National fireworks at the Target parking lot. They were really far away, but you could see the National Monument still.  That parking lot is on a hill, so we had a great view!  And there was hardly any traffic! It was a great day!
Their view for the fireworks.
I don't know how to describe my entire week in the few minutes I have left. But I learned a great lesson...the sacrifices that we make to keep our covenants help us to receive more of God's power and strength.  We have been striving to be exactly obedient this week, and we have definitely seen the power that God has given us because of that!

I'm grateful for the freedom that we have because of Christ and because of all
those who have sacrificed so much for us to have a free country!

I love you all!!
Sister Udall
Sister Udall and her companion showing their National spirit!















No comments:

Post a Comment