Monday, June 16, 2014

New Transfer Ahead!! Watch out for miracles!

June 16, 2014
So this week has been an amazing one. I just want to reaffirm that God answers our prayers! I tried out something new before transfers: I prayed for certain qualities in my next companion (things that would help me and this area to grow and improve--I was really sad that Sister Anderson was leaving)....and guess what!? She has all of them! It never ceases to amaze me just how much God knows each of us. He knows exactly who he needs to send to each area.
So my new companion is Sister Osmond! She is amazing! She is a happy person and focused on being a missionary. We are similar in a lot of ways, and I love it! And I will miss Sister Anderson so much!  Everyone in Centreville was sad to see her go!
This transfer we have set some really high goals. One goal is that we are each going to individually talk to 10 people a day (outside of planned activities). That can be easily done, of we talk to everyone that we see! I'm getting back in the habit if talking to everyone and I LOVE it!  I don't know what it is about talking to everyone, but I love finding out about others' life stories and how the gospel can apply to them! And really, it applies to everyone! Here are a few of the situations that we came across this weekend...
There was a mom and her cute little boy that we said hello to. It just "happened"(there are no such thing as coincidences, only God's intervention) that her mother in law is Mormon, and that turning to Jesus Christ and the Bible has helped her make a complete turnaround I her marriage. She said that they had filed for divorce, but now they are working through things. She said that it hasn't been an easy ride, but that it has been worth it! She talked to us for 20 minutes about it. It was an amazing conversation!
We also talked to a man that has been going to AA for ten years now and told us that he knows God is a loving and a forgiving God. If not, he wouldn't have ever quit drinking.
We talked to another man that has met with missionaries before, but they stopped coming by. He wants to quit smoking, and we told him that we would help him!!
We also talked to a girl that just found a place for her family to live and she knew that God was watching out for her! We also talked to a family that moved from Texas (this was with Sister Anderson) and they had just moved into the area and are still looking for a church. They have a son that has special needs, and because of the experience that I had the other week, I was able to tell her about that and how I knew God was watching out for their family in a very special way. By the end of our conversation, they had accepted a Book if Mormon and a Family Proclamation to the World!
Wonderful things happened! And more wonderful things to come!

I love you all!!

Sister Udall
Sister Udall with her new companion Sister Osmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment